Hello, Halloween is coming and with it all the posts and videos about the theme and I couldn’t be out of it. I was going to make a video, but at the moment I just don’t have time, so it will be a post. I’m here today to indicate 5 films for you to watch. Maybe you’re not a party person and want to stay at home, you can watch these films.
- The Others (2001) – Alejandro Amedábar: In this film Nicole Kidman’s, the protagonist, children have a rare condition that they have sun allergy, so they don’t go out, the house is all dark… Beside the mother and the kids, in the house also live three employees. The father went to the war and stranger things start to happen, so they think there are ghosts in the house. At the end there’s a huge twist and my mum and me complete adore this film.
- Psycho (1960) – Alfred Hitchcock: It’s a classic and if you haven’t watched yet, stop everything you’re doing and go watch. The story is about a woman, she’s a secretary and she steals a lot of money from the place where she used to work and runs away with the money. While she’s trying to escape, she stops at Bates Motel. The motel’s owners are Morgan Bates and his mother. Again, at the end there’s a big twist.
- The Shining (1980) – Stanley Kubrick: Here’s Johnny! The Shining is also a classic and the plot is about a family that gets stuck in a hotel because of the snow. During the film, the father starts to become a bit crazy. I love the framework and the photography , it’s everything very symmetrical, my OCD says thank you.
- The Exorcist (1973) – William Friedkim: In this film a 12-years-old girl is possessed by the devil. All the plot is very well built and the film is from 1973 so, of course some effects are old, but some of them are still very good. This can sounds quite strange, but this film reminds me my childhood, because my cousin used to rent this film almost every week, and we used to live in the same house so I was always watching too.
- Halloween (1973) – John Carpenter: At the beginning of the film we see a boy killing his own sister and after 15 years in an asylum, he escapes and goes back to his home town. The photography and framework are very good, is Jamie Lee Curtis’ first film and there’s the classic theme song.
I hope you enjoyed, I hope you have a good Halloween and weekend.
I’ll see you soon, bye bye.